Clinical Associate Professor, Medicine - General Medical Disciplines
- Internal Medicine & Pediatrics, Univ. of Texas-Houston, Med/Peds Residency (2001)
- Medical Education: University of Texas Medical School at Houston (1997) TX
- M.D., Univ. of Texas- Houston, Medical Degree (1997)
- B.A. (Honors), U.C. Berkeley, Major- Biology Minor- English (1993)
- Scholars in Education Program, Univ. of Texas (UTMB), Faculty Development for Educators (2005)
Honors & Awards
- Malinda S. Mitchell Award for Quality & Service, Stanford Hospital and Clinics (2013)
- Distinguished Teacher and Mentor Award, American College of Physicians (2012)
- Arthur L. Bloomfield Award for Excellence in Clinical Teaching, Stanford University Medical School (2011)
- Divisional Teaching Award, General Medical Disciplines, Stanford University Medical Center (2010)
- President's Professionalism Project Award, University of Texas Medical Branch (2007)
- Nominated for Oslerian Teaching Award, UTMB, One member nominated from Internal Medicine Dept. per year (UTMB, Texas) (2007)
- National Educator's Award, "Who's Who amongst Teachers and Educators" across the nation (2007)
- Inducted as Faculty Mentor for Osler Student Society, UTMB (Texas) McGovern Academy of Oslerian Medicine (2006)
- AOA Lifetime Member, Alpha Omega Alpha Lifetime Member Induction (2006)
- Clinical Women in Medicine Award, American Medical Womens Association (AMWA) National Award (2006)
- Excellence in Clinical Teaching "Golden Rattle Award", Pediatrics Dept. UTMB (Texas) (2004)
- Gold-Headed Cane Award for "compassion, dedication to medicine, and a desire to serve", Awarded to one graduating medical student, UT Houston medical school (1997)
- Medical Director, General Medicine Inpatient Wards (2012 - Present)
- Director, Hospitalist Program, Stanford (2011 - Present)
- Associate Residency Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency Program (2009 - Present)
Diffuse Alveolar Damage in a Patient Receiving Dronedarone
Stack, S., Nguyen, D.-V., Casto, A., & Ahuja, N. (2015). Diffuse Alveolar Damage in a Patient Receiving Dronedarone. CHEST, 147(4), E131-E133.
Gastrointestinal Manifestations of Henoch-Schoenlein Purpura
Menon, P., Singh, S., Ahuja, N., & Winter, T. A. (2013). Gastrointestinal Manifestations of Henoch-Schoenlein Purpura. DIGESTIVE DISEASES AND SCIENCES, 58(1), 42-45.
The Smartphone in Medicine: A Review of Current and Potential Use Among Physicians and Students
Ozdalga, E., Ozdalga, A., & Ahuja, N. (2012). The Smartphone in Medicine: A Review of Current and Potential Use Among Physicians and Students. JOURNAL OF MEDICAL INTERNET RESEARCH, 14(5).
Interrelated Endocrinopathies: Hypothyroidism and Hyperprolactinemia
Khilnani, N., & Kothari, T. (2007). Interrelated Endocrinopathies: Hypothyroidism and Hyperprolactinemia . Today’s Hosptialist, April.
Disseminated Candidiasis in IV Drug Abusers: A Distinctive Syndrome.
Rondon-Berrios, H., Khilnani, N., Trevejo-Nunez, G., & Rouan, G. (2006). Disseminated Candidiasis in IV Drug Abusers: A Distinctive Syndrome. . Johns Hopkins Advanced Studies in Medicine, 6.
Initial Approach to Gastrointestinal Bleeding
Khilnani, N., & Hussain, N. (2005). Initial Approach to Gastrointestinal Bleeding . Emergency Medicine, 37(10).
Advice to Medical Students Applying for Residency
Speer, A., & Khilnani, N. (2005). Advice to Medical Students Applying for Residency . Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine, 3(4:10).
Brain bloodflow abnormalities associated with oral cocaine use
Johnson, B., Lamki, L., Barron, B., Spiga, R., Chen, R., & Khilnani, N. (1997). Brain bloodflow abnormalities associated with oral cocaine use . International Journal of Psychological Medicine, 12(2).