Bio: My clinical and research interests lie in Integrative Rheumatology, healing-oriented medicine that takes account of the whole patient, including all aspects of lifestyle. It emphasizes the therapeutic relationship between practitioner and patient, is informed by evidence, and makes use of all appropriate therapies, including those outside the realm of allopathic medicine. Specifically, I am interested in exploring the impact of diet/nutrition/botanicals on inflammation as it pertains to rheumatic diseases such as gout, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, psoriatic arthritis and other autoimmune conditions, as well as studying the impact of other lifestyle approaches such as mindful meditation, sleep, yoga, stress reduction, etc. on disease burden and quality of life of patients with rheumatic diseases.
- Fellowship: University of Arizona College of Medicine AZ
- Board Certification: American Board of Internal Medicine, Rheumatology (2004)
- Internship: University of Miami Miller School of Medicine/Jackson Memorial Hospital FL
- Residency: University of Miam Miller School of Medicinei/Jackson Memorial Hospital FL
- Medical Education: University of Florida College of Medicine FL
- Fellowship: Stanford University School of Medicine CA