Stanford South Asian Translational Heart Initiative in Portola Valley
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING YOUR VISIT
During your initial appointment, you will meet with one of our SSATHI general cardiologists. Your cardiologist will then refer you to any specialists you may need after the evaluation.
We look at your current risk factors and any symptoms that may concern you. In addition to an evaluation of your heart health, SSATHI also offers:
- Lifestyle advice to lower your risk factors
- Educational information about heart disease in South Asians
- South Asian-specific dietary counseling
- Other preventative measures
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER YOUR VISIT
Once the laboratory and genetic analysis is complete, a second clinic visit may be required to:
- Review your laboratory test results
- Follow up with our dietician
- Meet a genetic counselor based on your genetic analysis
- Enroll you in any of our active clinical trials, should you be qualified and interested in participating
Should additional care be needed, you will be referred to one of our many specialists at Stanford Health Care. We will help coordinate access to clinical care for you and your family.
For Referring Physicians
Patients benefit from receiving quality coordinated care offered by our multidisciplinary team. Through evidence-based practice and research, our team works together to promote the best healing environment at Stanford Health Care.
HOW TO REFER
To refer a patient, call us at 650-723-5462. Fax a referral form with supporting documentation to 650-320-9443.