Stanford's team of urologic experts is actively engaged in cutting edge research and clinical trials designed to improve prostate cancer detection, treatment and quality of life.
- Molecular analysis of prostate tumors that may enhance treatment decisions
- Hedgehog signaling pathway discoveries that have led to the development of novel therapies
- Experimental anti-androgen hormone therapies that have recently been shown to increase patient survival
- Quality of life studies, including urinary incontinence
- Active surveillance studies
Clinical trials are research studies that evaluate a new medical approach, device, drug, or other treatment. As a Stanford Health Care patient, you may have access to the latest, advanced clinical trials.
Open trials refer to studies currently accepting participants. Closed trials are not currently enrolling, but may open in the future.
Before beginning treatment, ask your doctor about any clinical trials you should consider. Learn more about clinical trials for cancer patients.