Notice: Users may be experiencing issues with displaying some pages on stanfordhealthcare.org. We are working closely with our technical teams to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
We are available to assist you 24/7.
New to MyHealth?
Manage Your Care From Anywhere.
Access your health information from any device with MyHealth. You can message your clinic, view lab results, schedule an appointment, and pay your bill.
What Is Advanced Colonoscopy?
A colonoscopy is an important part of managing your digestive health. However, some people require more than a standard colonoscopy, which uses a long, flexible tube with a camera attached to it (colonoscope or endoscope) to examine your colon.
You may require special care for your colonoscopy because of:
- Inflammation from conditions, such as inflammatory bowel disease, that cause your colon to narrow
- A naturally extra-long colon
- Tortuous colon, a condition where your colon has extra loops and turns
- Diverticular disease, a set of conditions involving small pockets in the wall of your colon
- Polyps that are difficult to remove with standard techniques
Using a range of sophisticated tools and techniques, our advanced colonoscopy procedures can give you the same peace of mind that comes with a standard screening colonoscopy.