Notice: Users may be experiencing issues with displaying some pages on stanfordhealthcare.org. We are working closely with our technical teams to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Find the latest information on COVID-19, monkeypox, and the flu vaccine
We are available to assist you 24/7.
New to MyHealth?
Manage Your Care From Anywhere.
Access your health information from any device with MyHealth. You can message your clinic, view lab results, schedule an appointment, and pay your bill.
Liver Disease Testing
Liver Disease Testing at Stanford
As nationally renowned liver disease experts, we specialize in detecting liver disease and complications in their earliest stages. Our expertise gives people peace of mind about whether they have chronic liver disease and hope for a good outcome in those who do.
Highlights of liver disease testing at Stanford include:
- Offering the complete range of tests: We offer any liver disease tests you could possibly need, all in one location. Whether you have short-term (acute) liver disease or you are in liver failure, we ensure accurate testing for any condition.
- Expertise: Our nationally renowned imaging team includes dedicated liver radiologists. Working side by side with Liver Clinic experts, we determine the best time for you to start or change treatments so you can receive the maximum benefit with minimal side effects.
- Technology: Stanford is one of the only programs in the Bay Area with special technology to measure your liver density. We use this information to determine the precise level of damage to your liver while avoiding a liver biopsy.
- Safety: We use liver-specific procedures to perform imaging tests. This helps us get the images we need to accurately diagnose your conditions without repeat testing. Performing your test right the first time lowers your exposure to radiation and contrast dyes, which can be hard on your liver.
- Convenience: With five imaging locations throughout the Bay area, we make it easy to access the tests you need. Our team includes dedicated staff to help you schedule tests, get insurance approvals, and receive results as quickly as possible.