Notice: Users may be experiencing issues with displaying some pages on stanfordhealthcare.org. We are working closely with our technical teams to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
We are available to assist you 24/7.
New to MyHealth?
Manage Your Care From Anywhere.
Access your health information from any device with MyHealth. You can message your clinic, view lab results, schedule an appointment, and pay your bill.
Liver Disease Testing Types
Types of Liver Disease Testing
Testing gives us important information about your liver structure and functioning. We use this information in many ways, including:
- Screening: Looking for signs of disease in people who have been exposed to a hepatitis virus or who have a higher than normal risk for liver disease
- Diagnosis: Confirming a diagnosis or ruling out possible conditions in people who show signs of liver disease
- Measuring liver damage: Precisely determining the level of scarring and damage, and assessing how serious your condition is
- Treatment planning: Determining which treatment or combination of treatments will work best for your unique condition and when to start them
- Treatment monitoring: Routine testing to show us how your liver is responding to treatment
- Cancer screening: Detecting signs of liver cancer in its earliest stages for at-risk patients with advanced liver disease