Our Approach to Breast Surgery
When it comes to breast cancer surgery, we care for your whole self: mind, body, and breast. You may come to surgery with strong emotions and your own personal body image concerns. Our compassionate, skilled surgeons tailor their approach to your preferences and needs, allowing you to make the best decisions for you.
We work to give you the most effective treatment with the best cosmetic outcome. Your surgery team combines the most advanced techniques that research and medicine have to offer with considerable experience and talent.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU FOR BREAST CANCER SURGERY
- Breast cancer expertise, including world-renowned surgeons who focus only on breast cancer. The level of practice and skill on our team is specifically catered to your condition.
- Internationally renowned breast imaging services help us plan your surgery with extraordinary accuracy so we can remove the exact amount of diseased tissue.
- Expert treatment planning and genetic counseling to make a high-quality recommendation about your inherited cancer risk and the opportunity to preserve breast tissue.
- New breast surgery techniques, such as breast-conserving surgery and nipple-sparing mastectomy, as well as sophisticated reconstructions that give you the maximum number of treatment options.
- Comprehensive, coordinated care between your chemotherapy, radiology, and radiation doctors ensuring you receive the full spectrum of care.
- Comfortable, calming treatment centers, close to where you live and work, that provide warm, welcoming, modern care with the latest technology.
INTERESTED IN AN ONLINE SECOND OPINION?
The Stanford Medicine Online Second Opinion program offers you easy access to our world-class doctors. It’s all done remotely and you don’t have to visit our hospital or one of our clinics for this service. You don’t even need to leave home!
Visit our online second opinion page to learn more.
The breast cancer surgery team at Stanford offers the highest level of skill and the most advanced approaches in breast-conserving surgery and mastectomy.
breast surgery breast cancer surgery breast cancer breast cancer treatment lumpectomy mastectomy breast conserving surgery breast cancer surgeons female breast cancer surgeon breast cancer surgical oncology breast reconstruction surgery plastic surgery for breast cancer