There are two necessities for Stanford Health Care Accounts Payable to get invoices paid on time (not including Pcard):
The vendor must reference a valid Purchase Order (PO) clearly on the invoice:
- POs are generated at Stanford Health Care via up-front authorization in the form of a Purchase Requisition.
- The system auto-matches the invoice transaction to the valid PO.
The vendor must reference a valid Cost Center (CC) and General Ledger (GL) number clearly on the invoice:
- The system will automatically route the invoice transaction to the authorized department approver via workflow in the MHC imaging system, based on the valid CC.
- All valid invoices (meaning emailed PDF documents that meet PO standards) are auto-imported to an optical character recognition (OCR) system within 48 business hours of arrival. If OCR "reads" an invoice properly, then it passes straight through for additional vendor and PO data validations and department approval steps.
- Invoices (associated with POs) that clearly represent the exact details on the PO are automatically matched by our Lawson system, not by Accounts Payable staff.
- If there are exceptions due to inconsistencies between the vendor's invoice and the content on the PO, our ERP system will generate a match error, which will require manual intervention by Stanford Health Care Purchasing, Accounts Payable, and the respective ordering department.