If your surgery is before noon, do not eat or drink anything (including water) after midnight the night prior to your surgery.
If your surgery is after noon, do not eat or drink anything (including water) 10 hours prior to your surgery.
- You must arrive at the hospital at least 2 hours prior to your scheduled surgery time. Your Surgery Coordinator will call you with this time one day prior to your surgery date.
- Wear loose fitting comfortable clothing to and from the hospital.
- Leave all valuable items at home.
- You will not be able to drive yourself home nor can you use a taxi. Please make arrangements for someone to drive you.
- Your anesthesiologist may call you the night before your surgery to answer any questions you have regarding anesthesia. Remember your Surgery Coordinator does not know who the Anesthesiologist will be and cannot answer question pertaining to anesthesia or anesthesia billing.
- Do not take any aspirin or any aspirin-containing products at least 7 days prior to your surgical procedure. This includes any anti-inflammatory medications. If you have any questions regarding this or any medication you are currently taking on a regular basis, please call and speak to your physician's nurse or medical practitioner.
- Please do not sunbathe at least one week prior to surgery due to the risk of sunburn.