New Mom Self-Care Class
Having a baby is a special and exciting time in a woman’s life. However, delivery and the demands of caring for a newborn can overshadow the importance of self-care and recovery for mothers in the post-pregnancy phase. Common physical issues, which are often ignored, include urinary leakage, pelvic pain, abdominal weakness, low back pain, and constipation. The good news is that these are treatable conditions. Moms tend to put everyone else before themselves. When you are healthy, you are better able to care for your loved ones.
What participants will learn from this two-part class:
- Introduction to the pelvic floor muscles and pelvic health therapy
- Birth prep as it relates to the pelvic floor
- How to care for themselves, specifically techniques to rehabilitate from pregnancy and delivery
- Knowledge about postpartum recovery and how to prevent future injuries/issues
- Recognize when to reach out to health care professionals
Part One will be a one-hour session in-person intended for before delivery.
Part Two will be a one-hour session via Zoom intended for after delivery.