Birth Certificates

Birth certificates are obtained through Alameda County. When you have a baby at Stanford Health Care Tri-Valley, you are asked to complete a form that is sent by Medical Records to Alameda County. The county forwards appropriate information to the Social Security Administration, which automatically mails a Social Security card to you as the parent(s). Birth certificates can be requested directly by calling Alameda County Offices at 510-272-6362.


You may also visit the Alameda County website to request a birth certificate.

Contact Us

Health Information Management Services Department
1111 E. Stanley Blvd.
Building D
Livermore, CA

Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.