Whether you’re considering insurance through your employer or purchasing coverage on your own, we can help guide you through your different options so you can get the coverage you need.
Stanford Health Care Tri-Valley is contracted with most major health insurance carriers. Coverage for your care at Stanford Health Care Tri-Valley is determined by your insurance company and is based on the provisions of your specific plan.
To verify Stanford Health Care Tri-Valley has in-network status for your plan, please look for your plan in the appropriate insurance category below. You may also want to contact your insurance provider directly to confirm Stanford Health Care Tri-Valley's status.
You may be asked for our group NPI or Tax ID.
Please click on any of the insurance types listed below to find out our status with each of these plans.
- Coverage Through Your Job
- Covered California and Individual-Family Plans
- TRICARE and TriWest
- Workers Comp
If you are a UHA patient, visit University HealthCare Alliance for insurance coverage. If you or your child is a patient at Stanford Children's Health, visit Stanford Children's Health for insurance coverage. If you are a Standford Health Care patient, visit Stanford Health Care for insurance coverage.
- Your behavioral health insurance (also called mental health insurance) may be different than your medical insurance which covers your medical treatment.
Understanding behavioral health/mental health insurance benefits:
- Most insurance plans offer medical coverage and behavioral health/mental health coverage, they do not always access the same network of providers., The behavioral health insurance may be provided by a “carve out” or third-party insurer.
- Your insurance plan network might have different provider or medical facility restrictions for behavioral health versus your medical care.
- As a result, your insurance plan might cover your medical treatment at Stanford Health Care, but it may not cover behavioral health services at Stanford Health Care Tri-Valley.
- This is the case even if your behavioral health issues relate entirely to your medical treatment.
What if I don’t have coverage?
If you do have behavioral health coverage for services at Stanford Health Care Tri-Valley:
- If your insurance changes and with each new year, you are encouraged to continue to make sure your insurance covers these services.
- Our financial counselors and benefits specialists can help you to understand your insurance coverage as it pertains to seeking behavioral health care services at Stanford Health Care Tri-Valley.
Patient Rights and Protections
Assess Your Coverage
Determine the extent of your coverage or any out-of-pocket costs before you receive care.
Contact: Financial Counseling
Mon – Fri: 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Sat – Sun: 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Find out if your insurance carrier has pre-authorized a medical service before you receive care.
Contact: Financial Clearance
Toll Free: 1-877-291-7335