Why Choose Us: Stanford Health Care Endoscopy
As national leaders in minimally invasive gastrointestinal care, we diagnose and treat many conditions using endoscopy. We perform more than 10,000 procedures each year and offer a complete range of endoscopic procedures.
The Endoscopy Suite in Redwood City and the Endoscopy Suite in Palo Alto offers dedicated endoscopists, spacious procedure rooms, and the best available technology.
Highlights of our program include:
- Advanced technology: Utilizing advanced endoscopic imaging technology, endoscopists at Stanford Health Care evaluate and deliver treatments for gastrointestinal disorders with a level of precision available only at the country’s most elite programs.
- Expertise: Our renowned experts specialize in performing endoscopic procedures for complex conditions, such as bowel obstruction.
- Innovation: Advancing the science of endoscopic treatments for gastrointestinal disease, our doctors play a pivotal role in developing and evaluating new endoscopic devices and techniques.
- Convenience: We make it easy for you to get the care you need with full-service endoscopy centers at our main Stanford campus and at our Redwood City facility. We also offer same-day virtual colonoscopy, if we are not able to complete a standard screening colonoscopy.
- Emphasis on comfort: We use carbon dioxide gas instead of air to access your intestines during endoscopic procedures. This leads to less discomfort and bloating during and after your procedure.
Endoscopy is a non-surgical technique for examining the digestive tract. We use thin, flexible tubes fitted with lights, cameras and special tools at the tip (endoscopes) to assess conditions affecting your esophagus, stomach, small intestine, large intestine or rectum. Stanford is home to three doctors (endoscopists) whose sole focus is performing endoscopic tests and procedures.